What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine is a holistic, systems-based approach that addresses the root causes of disease. It views the patient as a whole, and looks for the interconnections of the body’s organ systems, instead of a discrete set of symptoms. This approach explores the interactions between genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that affect long term health and chronic disease. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients to understand their stories and to complete a comprehensive physical examination. They customize treatment plans to address root causes of underlying diseases and to support the unique expression of health and vitality for each patient. Functional medicine is proactive and personalized medicine that empowers patients and families to take an active role in their own health.
To learn more about Functional Medicine, please visit the Institute for Functional Medicine Website. www.ifm.org
- In depth consultation exploring root causes of chronic illnesses
- Two hour visit includes:
- Meeting with our physician to review over your medical records, to listen to your history, and to complete a comprehensive physical exam
- A consultation with our certified health coach
- An initial treatment plan and laboratory testing recommendations
- Your physician will review laboratory test results and refine the treatment plan based on these results and your progress
- Visits will last 30-45 minutes
Common conditions treated:
Chronic Ear Infections
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Chronic Sinus Infections
To name a few…